404 Concord Avenue
Belmont, MA 02478
Tel 617 484 1054
Click on the map to get driving directions
Public Transit — bus
Public Transit — commuter rail
Take the Fitchburg line from North Station. First Church is across the street from the Belmont Center stop.
Driving — from Boston and Cambridge
From Storrow Drive westbound:
- Exit at Fresh Pond Parkway/Arlington/Route 2W
- Follow signs for Arlington, Route 2W, Belmont
- At first rotary, follow main flow of traffic 3/4 way around rotary
- At second rotary (Fresh Pond), go STRAIGHT onto Concord Avenue
- Follow Concord Ave for 1.5 miles, until Belmont Post Office is on right
- Turn LEFT at 404 Concord Avenue into church parking lot
Driving — from other locations
From Route 2 eastbound:
- Take exit 59 (Route 60, Belmont Center) and bear RIGHT at the light onto Pleasant Street
- At the second traffic light, turn LEFT onto Leonard Street
- Go through Belmont Center and under the bridge
- Turn LEFT; the church is directly in front of you
- Turn first RIGHT into church parking lot
Parking at First Church
Parking has been a First Church issue since our founding members needed to “park” their horses and buggies across the street in 1857. We ask that you use the following guidelines:
- Reserve the spaces in our lot for the physically challenged, people with small children, and newcomers who may be discouraged from visiting if they cannot find parking.
- If you park on church grounds, use only designated spots. Parking on the grass and the driveways damages the grass and, more importantly, blocks fire lanes.
- Leave vacant the Concord Avenue parking spaces adjacent to the mailboxes (both sides of the street) so our neighbors can stop to mail letters on Sunday mornings.
- Please do not park in the “hatched” area between the two designated handicapped spaces — it is not a parking space. The hatched space enables wheelchairs and physically challenged individuals to enter and leave vehicles.
Legal parking on Sundays:
- The Post Office lot. (We have an agreement with the Post Office.)
- On Concord Avenue between the Underpass and the Underwood pool.
- In front of the Lion’s Club/Train Station.
- In the Claflin Street lot in the Town Center (a 5-minute walk)
- At the Belmont Town Library.
- We encourage you to walk or bicycle to church. There is a bicycle rack by the Lower Hall entrance and Google Maps can generate a bicycle-friendly route map from your starting point.