Directions & Parking
404 Concord Avenue
Belmont, MA 02478
Tel 617 484 1054
Click on the map to get driving directions
Public Transit — bus
Public Transit — commuter rail
Take the Fitchburg line from North Station. First Church is across the street from the Belmont Center stop.
Driving — from Boston and Cambridge
From Storrow Drive westbound:
- Exit at Fresh Pond Parkway/Arlington/Route 2W
- Follow signs for Arlington, Route 2W, Belmont
- At first rotary, follow main flow of traffic 3/4 way around rotary
- At second rotary (Fresh Pond), go STRAIGHT onto Concord Avenue
- Follow Concord Ave for 1.5 miles, until Belmont Post Office is on right
- Turn LEFT at 404 Concord Avenue into church parking lot
Driving — from other locations
From Route 2 eastbound:
- Take exit 59 (Route 60, Belmont Center) and bear RIGHT at the light onto Pleasant Street
- At the second traffic light, turn LEFT onto Leonard Street
- Go through Belmont Center and under the bridge
- Turn LEFT; the church is directly in front of you
- Turn first RIGHT into church parking lot
Parking at First Church
Parking has been a First Church issue since our founding members needed to “park” their horses and buggies across the street in 1857. We ask that you use the following guidelines:
- Reserve the spaces in our lot for the physically challenged, people with small children, and newcomers who may be discouraged from visiting if they cannot find parking.
- If you park on church grounds, use only designated spots. Parking on the grass and the driveways damages the grass and, more importantly, blocks fire lanes.
- Leave vacant the Concord Avenue parking spaces adjacent to the mailboxes (both sides of the street) so our neighbors can stop to mail letters on Sunday mornings.
- Please do not park in the “hatched” area between the two designated handicapped spaces — it is not a parking space. The hatched space enables wheelchairs and physically challenged individuals to enter and leave vehicles.
Legal parking on Sundays:
- The Post Office lot. (We have an agreement with the Post Office.)
- On Concord Avenue between the Underpass and the Underwood pool.
- In front of the Lion’s Club/Train Station.
- In the Claflin Street lot in the Town Center (a 5-minute walk)
- At the Belmont Town Library.
- We encourage you to walk or bicycle to church. There is a bicycle rack by the Lower Hall entrance and Google Maps can generate a bicycle-friendly route map from your starting point.
If a service is to be canceled a message will be placed on the church’s website, voicemail (617-484-1054, ext. 18) and Facebook page. However, in any weather condition which concerns you or your family, it should be clear that no one should ever feel pressure to come to the church if their travel conditions seem unsafe.
All found items are located in a bin outside the Church Administrator’s office in the Lower Hall. Lost and found items are taken to a donation center every three months. Please come by during office hours (M – F, 9 – 3), call (617-484-1054, ext. 10), or email if you’ve lost something.