Click here for: Helpful Links for Church Committees
As a general rule, all program committees welcome new members at any time. For an alpha listing of Committees at First Church, click here. Many committees also have committed events during the church year for which they need specific volunteers to support the event. If you do not see the upcoming event posted here, please contact the commmittee directly. Contact emails are provided on each committee’s web page, or by scrolling down below the Parish Board on the Contact Staff link.
Posted Volunteer Opportunities:
- All-Church Picnic – Sunday, June 11, 2017 Mark your calendar and plan to attend the annual All-Church Picnic immediately following the 11:00 service on Sunday, June 11!
- Social Action Events and Opportunities The First Church in Belmont, Unitarian Universalist February 2017 SOCIAL ACTION EVENTS AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES Together we can make a difference! To stay connected to the UUA information read the latest UUA bulletin It’s Almost Here “A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer” on February 17 and 18 at 7:30 PM Tickets $15.00On Sale at Coffee Hour Members* ...
- ATTN: A Call for Service-Learning Trip Chaperones Interested in a free trip to West Virginia? Join the Youth Group on a fun Service-learning trip to Appalachia in West Virginia from February 19th – February 26th. We’ll be helping repair homes, visiting a mountain-top removal site, meeting local activists, jamming out with a folklife music workshop, having campfires and much, much more. We ...
- All-Church Picnic – Sunday, June 12 Mark your calendar and plan to attend the annual All-Church Picnic immediately following the 11:00 service on Sunday, June 12!
- Spring opportunities for involvement Annual Mother’s Day Walk for Peace on Sunday, May 8 Please join a group from Belmont that will be walking in the 20th Annual Mother’s Day Walk for Peace on Sunday, May 8 to support the work of the Louis D. Brown Peace Institute. To register for the 6.8-mile walk, from Fields Corner to City Hall, please go to ...
- Ushers needed for the spring term Ushering is a tremendous contribution to our worship services.
- Belmont Serves 2015 — Making a Difference in Belmont FCB Social Action Committee and The Belmont Religious Council (BRC) are proud to announce the 5th Annual “Belmont Serves” day of service.
- Sign up for Sunday Flowers Click here to check out our new & easy online form for giving Sunday flowers … our Chancel is counting on you! Please note, if a date is not listed, someone has signed up already. As always, you can sign up for flowers on the form outside the Church Administrator’s office, or e-mail the Flower Committee ...
- First Church Rummage Sale – May 9 First Church 73rd Rummage sale is coming up! Each year, more than 100 members and friends of First Church volunteer for this community building event. One third of the proceeds from the Rummage Sale go directly to the Tiffany Window Fund while the other two thirds are split between the Transylvania Partner Church and Social ...
- Celebrate Climate Justice Between World Water Day (March 22) and Earth Day (April 22), please join us in celebrating Climate Justice Month! As part of the new Commit2Respond initiative, UUSC is inviting individuals, families, groups, and congregations to take action for climate justice. There are many ways you can get involved!
- Raising the Minimum Wage—A Moral Imperative Millions of low-wage workers in our country work full-time and still can’t afford life’s basic necessities. How can we expect hardworking people to support themselves and their families on $7.25 an hour? The First Church in Belmont Social Action Committee and Jim Landfried, FCB Unitarian Universalist Service Committee liasson are jointly supporting this very important human ...
- SAC Upcoming events and volunteer opportunities Classes currently meet for 2 hours at UUUM on Monday and Wednesday
- Communications Committee Seeks Publicist Volunteers Help us spread the word about our church!
- Sign Up for Chalice Lighting! For you, your spouse, your child(ren). Members & Friends alike
- The Grow Clinic FCB Committee Needs Your Help Volunteer needed to assist with emptying the Grow food baskets after church services and placing food in the closet prior to transport. Training provided, as well as lots of appreciation from a cuddly giraffe!
- The Transylvania Partner Church Education Fund The Fund provides each student a $250 annual stipend to help defray these expenses, and we plan to support 10 students next year. Your gift of any size will help First Church continue its critical role in funding this important program. Click here for the donation form.