Welcome to the First Church in Belmont, Unitarian Universalist. We are a mid-sized church of almost 400 families and individuals.
We offer two worship services each Sunday at 9:00 am and 11:00 am, along with religious education classes for children (preschool through teen). On certain specified Sundays, announced in advance, only one 10:30 am only service is offered. Child care is always available. Our social hour after each service is a wonderful way to meet people; our members make a special effort to greet visitors and new parishioners.
Lay-Led Worship Services; click for details
July 30 — Jon Svetkey + Heather Quay; A Hymnal Hootenanny
August 6 — “Field Trip” to Friends Meeting at Cambridge, a Quaker fellowship (service begins at 10:30 in Cambridge)
August 13 — Devon Beckett; The Camino Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela
August 20 — Jody Renouf and Mark Rosenstein; Blessing of the Animals
August 27 — Milo & Martin Plass; Dealing with generational and political conflicts at home
September 3 (Labor Day weekend) — no service
- Details here
- Services at 9:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall (enter through the Lower Level doors near the bike rack) unless noted otherwise
- Directions and parking
- Supervised childcare is provided
- The Unitarian – Summer 2017 Worship service information, upcoming programs and opportunities for action, news, and events.
- Summer 2017 at The First Church in Belmont, Unitarian Universalist Everything about summer at FCB … staff hours, emergency pastoral care, worship, building use, and more …
- 2017 Summer Services Summer 2017 Lay-Led Worship Services, with a downloadable PDF for your fridge
- Children’s Music Program Registration Open! Registration for the Children’s Music Program for the 2017-2018 season is now open! Please use the following link to register for the Youth/Children’s music programs at The First Church in Belmont for the 2017/2018 year. The Children’s Music Program starts every year with a fully staged musical. You may register to start either September 11th ...
- Sandy Island Registration is open Please register for this years Sandy Island Weekend Retreat which will take place from September 15-17, 2017 on Lake Winnipesauke. Register early to reserve your spot and your preferred cabin.
- Sandy Island Retreat Mark your calendar for Sandy Island: September 15-17, 2017
- Welcome Back Reception: Thursday, September 7 at 7 p.m. The Fellowship Committee and the Parish Board invite you to reconnect and socialize at this informal gathering! All are welcome.