Date(s) - Monday, October 9
The First Church in Belmont
On Monday, October 9 (Columbus Day), The First Church in Belmont will be hosting a huge community service event — the 9th annual Belmont Serves day. Come alone, come with family, or come with friends, and help us give back to our community.
The day begins at 8:30 a.m. You’ll choose a project, complete it during the morning, and then return to FCB to celebrate over pizza and ice cream. We’ll be joined by hundreds of fellow Belmont residents from other church communities.
Here are two great ways to get involved:
(1) Sign up to volunteer for one of the many service projects offered during this family-friendly, community-wide event. Most projects are suitable for a wide range of ages and skill levels. This year they include:
- A door-to-door collection of food and household items for the Belmont Food Pantry
- Conservation projects at Lone Tree Hill (formerly McLean property)
- Claypit Pond cleanup and improvements
- Sorting clothes to be donated to refugees (Plymouth Church)
- Many more…
(2) Help behind the scenes with setup here at The First Church (on Sunday, 10/8), registration (beginning at 7:45 a.m. on 10/9), and/or cleanup after the event (starting at 12:30 p.m.). Please e-mail Priscilla Cobb (email@example.com), one of FCB’s delegates to the Belmont Religious Council, if you are available and interested.
Help us make this important day a success this year — and meet new people along the way. Join other FCB members and friends by signing up now.