Find Your Sanctuary. Be a Steward.
The 2018 March Stewardship Drive: Please Pledge Today!
Thank you for your interest in the First Church 2018 March Stewardship Drive. We have raised nearly $593,500 reaching 95% of our pledge goal of $625,000. But to reach our goal, we need to hear from all members and friends, at all levels of giving. If you have already made a pledge to the 2018 Drive (Thank you!) and are interested in increasing your pledge, please contact the Stewardship Committee at email@example.com. Here is more information about the 2018 March Stewardship Drive:
- See our latest Progress Report
- Please read our 2018 Appeal Letter
- Download a printable Pledge Form – or – Pledge online.
- Need a copy of your own personalized Pledge Form or Appeal Letter? We will send you a PDF or hard copy. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn about Finances at The First Church in Belmont (Pamphlet updated for 2018)
- Key Dates:
- Sunday, Feb. 11: Rev. David Bryce’s Stewardship Sermon
- Monday, Feb. 12: Pledge Packets mailed to First Church members and friends
- Sunday, March 4: Celebration Sunday – Bring your pledges!
- Sunday, March 18: Stewardship Honor Roll posted at church. Win the drawing for the delicious Black Forest Torte!
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting the 2018 March Stewardship Drive!
The First Church Stewardship Committee:
- Anjali Kumar, Chair
- Karsten Kueppenbender
- Roger Read
- Jim Staton
- Mark Thurber
Church Administrator: Janice Zazinski, firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-484-1054, ext. 10
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the 2018 March Stewardship Campaign?
This is the annual campaign to raise funds required for the continued operation of First Church in the upcoming fiscal year July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019. During the campaign, members and friends of First Church pledge the money that will be used to pay minister and staff salaries, to support our many wonderful Church programs, for building maintenance and utilities, etc. Your pledge is your commitment to contribute a specified amount of money to support First Church for the upcoming fiscal year.
What is the deadline for making my pledge?
We hope you will join fellow First Church members and friends in delivering your pledge on or before Celebration Sunday, March 5, 2018. At our Celebration Sunday services, we invite parishioners to bring their pledges forward during the Offertory in affirmation of our covenant with one another. You may send in pledge sooner than March 5 if you wish! And if you are unable to decide on your pledge by March 5, we ask that you make your pledge no later than Thursday, March 15, 2018. On-time pledging is absolutely necessary since the Parish Board has to finalize the coming year’s budget in April for the congregation to approve in May. Our church depends on all of us.
How much should I pledge?
We hope you will consider the importance of the church to you, your family, and the community, and be as generous as you can within your means. To reach our $625,000 pledge goal, we need both more pledges and larger pledges at all levels. Here are some guidelines that may help:
- If you are new to First Church or have not made a Stewardship pledge or donation before, would you please consider making a generous donation now?
- If you have been pledging below the church’s target median pledge level of $1700, can you consider raising your pledge to or toward that range?
- If your pledge has been below the church’s target average pledge level of $2,500, can you consider raising your pledge to or toward that range?
- Finally, if you find your connection to the church has deepened over time, could this be the year you step up to a higher tier of support, such as a pledge in the $3,000 or $4,000 range, or a leadership-level pledge of $5,000 and above? Over 35% of last year’s pledge total came from households pledging $5,000 and above. The church depends heavily on this cornerstone of support and is constantly seeking more generous households at the leadership level.
You can also refer for guidance to the First Church Giving Guide on page 2 of the Pledge Form. Please know that we value all gifts of whatever amount. The primary guidance is that your pledge should be generous in light of your circumstances.
How do I make my pledge?
- Complete your pledge form and bring your envelope to church or drop it in the mail to: First Church in Belmont, 404 Concord Avenue, Belmont, MA 02478. Pledge packets were mailed to members and friends on February 12, 2018.
- Can’t find your pledge form? Contact email@example.com to request another copy of your personalized form or your appeal letter.
- Pick up a pledge form in the church administrator’s office (or print this one)
- Pledge online. Click here to complete the online pledge form.
- Pledge by e-mail. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. State the amount you wish to pledge, the frequency (e.g., weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually), your complete name(s), and telephone number.
How do I pay or fulfill my pledge?
- By Check: Pay by check (be sure to write “2018-19 Pledge” or “FY 19 pledge” on the memo line), or
- Automated withdrawal: Pay by automated withdrawal from your bank account – easy to set up, and convenient for you and the church. Please complete this form and return it to church administrator Janice Zazinski. Questions? Please email or call Janice Zazinski at email@example.com or 617-484-1054, ext. 10.
- Donation of Securities: If you wish to make a pledge payment through donation of securities, please see these instructions and contact Doug Burden at firstname.lastname@example.org or Janice Zazinski, church administrator, jzazinski@ uubelmont.org or 617-484-1054, ext. 10.