The Social Action Committee is proud to announce our 75th Rummage Sale on May 5th from 9 am to 2 pm. Chairpersons Kathy Crawley and Deb Lockett are gathering together a great team of volunteers. We’d love to have YOUR help at our Grand Recycling Marketplace at First Church!
Proceeds of the Sale go to the Window Fund for upkeep of Sanctuary stained glass windows; the Transylvania Partner Church Committee; and Social Action Committee initiatives. An Adopt-A-Charity program distributes unsold items post-Sale to a variety of deserving programs.
- Saturday, May 5
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Directions and parking information here. Parking is very limited in the church lot!
- Admission: 50 cents
- The rummage sale accepts cash, personal checks, and credit cards.
Donations are accepted Sunday April 29th at 1 pm through Wednesday May 2nd at 9 pm. Please leave them in the Lower Hall of the church. Please do not leave any items outside.
- Spring, summer and “three season” clothing for all ages
- Jewelry, hats, shoes, handbags, belts and other accessories
- Small working appliances and electronics such as radios and small lamps
- Kitchenware, glassware, linens, bric-a-brac, decorative items
- Garden and outdoor equipment, tools, office supplies
- Intact children’s toys and games; bicycles; sports equipment (no downhill skis and boots; no ice skates; no bike helmets)
- Adult and children’s books, CDs, DVDs, records, audio-books (CD), games
- Small rugs and furniture (no larger than 30”x30”x30”); luggage
Please no dirty, worn, ripped, stained, moldy, broken, cracked or chipped items. They’re not saleable and they make unnecessary work.
- No large furniture. Maximum size: 30”x30”x30”
- No downhill skis or ski boots, ice skates or bike helmets
- No baby equipment of any type (no car seats)
- No #3 or #7 plastics
- No used water bottles
- No computers, components, monitor screens, or TVs (disposal costs)
- No cell phones (please take to a cell phone donation drop box at Whole Foods)
- No building materials or light fixtures (take to Boston Building Resources Reuse Center or Habitat-ReStore)
- No encyclopedias or textbooks
- No liquids, hazardous waste materials, paint, perfumes, and petroleum products—for the health and safety of our workers
Questions: Kathy Crawley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tax receipts available on request. Volunteer sign-up begins in April.
Thank you in advance for your donations!