Good news! The CRE Holiday Gift Fair table has raised over $300 so far for the UUSC-UUA Refugee Crisis Fund.
The 5th & 6th graders did an awesome job making sales of the crafts to which all of the children had a chance to contribute their creativity. The herbal sea salt scrubs continued to be sold on 12/13 and 12/20. I’ll be sure to let you know the grand total in January.
Whew! Are you ready for a rest yet? Still need to shop, clean, and cook for the holiday? Looking forward to the pageantry of Christmas Eve at FCB with all the children, youth and alumnae taking part? I don’t know about you, but I am ready to get some rest.
It’s a good thing that CRE takes a short break over the winter holidays; there are no Nursery care and no CRE classes on December 27, which is a single lay-led worship service at 10:30 a.m.
On January 3rd, Nursery, pre-K/K, grades 1-6, and 7th grade classes resume. The combined grade 1-6 class meets in the Library for Children’s Chapel/Community Sunday when their fourth UU Visitor will arrive through the Time Machine. CRE collects the children’s offering on the first Sunday of each month. Later in January, the children will brainstorm and then vote on the organization that will receive their gifts from the first half of the church-year.
The 7th grade Building Bridges (formerly Neighboring Faiths) program launches 2016 with a Popcorn Theology lesson on cultivating an attitude of gratitude via “Forrest Gump.” Their next visit comes at the end of January after preparatory lessons on Buddhism.
Eighth graders have completed Neighboring Faiths. Those who are registered will be starting 8th grade Our Whole Lives (OWL) on January 10th. There is room for more participants, if you have friends and neighbors interested in a values-based sexuality program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Parents are required to attend an orientation session. A fee is charged for OWL programs at FCB to cover costs.
Volunteer Opportunities in CRE
- Would your family like to lead the Chalice Lighting during the worship service one Sunday this year? CRE is coordinating this effort to involve families in this element of the worship service on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month. Click on this link to sign-up: com/go/409044ca9ad2aa02-light. You will receive an e-mail reminder.
- Non-parent teacher-volunteers are needed to assist our Childcare Provider, Denise Azar, in the Nursery at 9 and 11 am each Sunday. Please note: Volunteers must complete background check. You can easily sign-up for this volunteer opportunity here: com/go/409044ca9ad2aa02-nursery. You will receive an e-mail reminder.
- Opportunity for 7th & 8th graders to help with ushering duties on select dates. You can easily sign-up for this volunteer opportunity here: com/go/409044ca9ad2aa02-youth. You will receive an e-mail reminder.
- We always need more adults to help with teaching CRE classes. Please contact CREbelmont@gmail.com to get sign-up information.
Children’s Religious Education Program Registration and Information:
- If you haven’t registered your children for CRE, please do so ASAP using the link found on the Children’s Religious Education page of the FCB website (org/childrens-re/) which allows you to register children from birth through 12th grade. All children must be registered for CRE.
~ Charlotte Lehmann, Acting Director of Children’s Religious Education
Office hours: Mon-Tues-Weds, 10am-6pm. E-mail: email@example.com.