Good news! CRE has found the right person to be our paid Lead Pre-K/K Teacher.
Alexandra N. Nichipor will be in the pre-K/K classroom starting on 10/18/15. Alex is an impressive young adult who recently graduated from Harvard Divinity School with a Master’s in Theological Studies (MTS), including a special certificate in religious studies and education, and a concentration in women, gender and religion. Her undergraduate degree from Mass. College of Liberal Arts was in philosophy and sociology with a minor in women’s studies. Alex won the Student of the Year Award at MCLA in her senior year. Alex has CPR and Red Cross certifications, and experience working as a nanny for a Cambridge family with a toddler, as well as experience teaching English language learners in China.
CRE looks forward to Alex’s presence in the pre-K/K classroom this year; having a consistent teacher each week will be a blessing to the youngest group in the CRE program. Please come downstairs and welcome Alex to the CRE staff.
- Are you an empty nester? Or do your grandchildren live far away? Want to get some quality time with the under 3-1/2 year-old set? The CRE program is still looking for a Nursery Assistant to aid Denise Azar on Sunday mornings. Until someone can be hired for this part-time position, adult volunteers are needed each week at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Please contact the CRE Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for how to sign up!
- The CRE Committee is pleased that Veera Mylapore is joining us as a member; we look forward to contributions to the CRE program of a new perspective. The committee encourages others with an interest in the CRE program to come on the 2nd Wednesdays each month from 7-8:30 p.m.
- Thank you to Jim Sugarman for good-naturedly playing the role of Hosea Ballou on 10/4/15. Thanks in advance to Sandy Nayak who will be guiding both 7th and 8th grade classes in preparation for their visit to the Hindu temple in Ashland on November 1st and to Gerri Strickler and other CRE Committee members who will be filling Charlotte’s shoes that same day while she is working as the on-call chaplain at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Worcester that weekend.
- Special note to parents of 8th graders: Eighth grade Our Whole Lives (OWL) registrations coming soon. FMI: contact email@example.com.
Special Activities for families in October:
- Pre-Halloween Party on 10/24/15 from 6-8 pm: The Youth Group and CRE are teaming up for some spooky fun and games in the Parish Hall. Try on and try out your Halloween costume, enjoy games and a walk down the haunted hallway. Please RSVP for planning purposes: http://evite.me/zm4e9cVmWP.
- Volunteers are needed in CRE: CRE is looking for one more UU Visitor-volunteer to play Unitarian minister, Rev. Charles Follen on December 6th. Plus, in the spring, we will have a few Bible People as visitors. If you are interested in any of these, please contact the CRE Office.
- Non-parent teacher-volunteers are always welcome; please let CRE Office know that you are interested in working with FCB children. See column above for some ideas on how you can help out in CRE this fall.
- All children must be registered for CRE. If you haven’t already registered your children for CRE, please do so by using the registration link found on the Children’s Religious Education page of the FCB website (org/childrens-re/) which allows you to register children from birth through 12th grade. You can find more information about the program on the website and peruse Charlotte’s blog.
- All individuals who work with children in the CRE, youth and music programs at FCB must have a background check. If you are a new volunteer or need to renew your background check (once every three years), you can find links to the “background authorization” form as well as “volunteer driver” form and “teacher code of ethics” form here (org/coriandsori/).