The First Church in Belmont, Unitarian Universalist, seeks a detail-driven Office Assistant who can help transition the administration of a busy 175-year-old church into the 21st century. The Office Assistant reports to the Church Administrator and thrives on organization, taking initiative, teamwork, and getting to know new people.
If you were working here last week, you might have:
- Shown the church to someone interested in renting it for a wedding, and checked room availability for church committees and outside groups
- Produced the Order of Service
- Updated the community bulletin boards
- Ordered paper and other office supplies
- Received deliveries and picked up the mail
- Scheduled an annual sprinkler system inspection
- Mailed vendor checks and filed backup
- Met with the church administrator to discuss ongoing projects
Competencies you will use every day:
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with Google Mail, Chrome, Constant Contact and WordPress
- Ability and willingness to learn new software programs
- Flexibility in taking on new assignments and responding to current business needs
The First Church in Belmont, Unitarian Universalist, was founded in 1857 (along with the Town of Belmont). It is a thriving congregation with about 400 members and the church is widely known for its extensive and rich music programs. The church has a small staff who works as a team to support the needs of the congregation.
- Previous office experience — and church office experience is a definite plus.
- Flexibility in scheduling to accommodate office needs.
- Successful completion of a CORI and SORI.
Schedule and Compensation:
$13 per hour/12 hours a week. The Office Assistant will work two or three days a week — Mondays are required; other days negotiable. This is a part-time position without Church-provided benefits. This is a 10-month (September – June) position.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls about this job. First Church in Belmont checks Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and Sexual Offender Record Information (SORI) as part of a general background check for employment. Information about our CORI/SORI process can be found at uubelmont.org.