Belmont Buddy Group
The jobseeker buddy group is a small support group for people looking for new or better jobs.
We will meet on a weekly basis. A typical meeting will allocate 10-15 minutes to every member
to discuss job search activities done during the previous week and what is planned for the
following week. They group members provide encouragement, feedback, ideas and
networking opportunities to each other. Occasionally we will have special topics for about 30 min.
Support job seekers in their search for their next job by providing a forum and support.
- Provide a weekly forum for job seekers to meet and network
- Provide a space conducive for meeting
- Provide the following to members
- Needs and Leads
- Job fair information
- Unemployment Insurance and Massachusetts Division of Employment and Training information
- Refinement of job seeking skills (elevator speeches, interviewing skills, etc.)
- Resume and cover letter critique
- Review of social networking skills
Open to First Church of Belmont members and friends of the church where the group will be small and
Every Wednesday from 9-11am in the church library. During summer months the group will meet in the
parlor located off the sanctuary
Ed Yee, chair at firstname.lastname@example.org