Celebrating our Partner Church Connection
Rev. David Bryce
January 13, 2018 was the four hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Edict of Torda, one of the first declarations of religious tolerance. John Sigismund, the Unitarian King of Hungary, issued the Edict. We will celebrate our Partner Church connection, the Edict, and also engage in our annual Wheel Of Life ritual.
- The Unitarian – January 19, 2018
This week’s news, service information, upcoming events, opportunities for action, ...
- Snow alert! UU Belmont Alliance – Wednesday, Jan. 17 program re-scheduled to Jan. 31st
This Wednesday’s program Sana Saeed: Islam and Unitarian Universalism has ...
- The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler
February 2 and 3rd at 7:30pm in the Parish Hall
- Spiritual Renewal through Poetry – time change for this Sunday, Jan. 21st
The group will meet this week (Sunday, Jan. 21st) from ...
- This week at First Church – January 15 – 21
Spiritual Renewal through Poetry – January 7, 14, 21, 28
- Spiritual Renewal through Poetry Sunday, January 7-Sunday, January 28 3:00pm-4:00pm, First Church
- Meditation Monday, January 22 8:00pm-9:00pm, First Church Library
- First Church Book Group Wednesday, January 24 7:30pm-9:00pm, First Church Library
- "Requiem for the American Dream" -film and discussion moderated by Will Brownsberger Thursday, January 25 7:00pm-9:00pm, First Church
- Beyond Ferguson: Bridging Class, Cultural and Racial Separations Sunday, January 28 7:00pm-8:30pm, First Church Library
- Theatre Discussion Series - "Every Tongue Confess" at Central Square Theatre Monday, January 29 7:00pm-9:00pm, First Church
- Meditation Monday, January 29 8:00pm-9:00pm, First Church Library
- Belmont UU Alliance - rescheduled to January 31 Wednesday, January 31 12:00pm-2:00pm, First Church
Our Members Say …
I was raised in a small town in southern Germany, surrounded by a family clan of more than 200. You can tell by the size of this clan that my family is deeply catholic. Two uncles are priests, I was an altar boy until age 15, and my aunt predicted eternal hell for me when I skipped my first Sunday service ever at about that age. Read the full testimonial.