The First Church in Belmont Unitarian Universalist is a mid-sized church of almost 400 families and individuals. Married and single, straight and gay, with children and without, First Church is a vibrant community embracing a diversity of answers to life's important questions. Together in fellowship we are seekers, each respecting one another's individual spiritual path. In addition to Sunday worship, we offer many opportunities to connect and socialize, share life experiences, learn from each other, perform and enjoy music, and serve the community.
From the first Sunday after Labor Day through the second Sunday in June, services are held on Sundays at 9 & 11. On some Sundays the schedule varies; check upcoming service details here. Childcare is available at all services, along with religious education classes for children.
Our summer season runs from the third Sunday in June through Labor Day Weekend Sunday. Lay-led services are held at 9:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall. Click for the summer's schedule of worship services, updated in late June.
Our Sanctuary and Parish Hall are available for weddings, receptions or other gatherings. Click here for information about renting our building.
We are Unitarian Universalists
- The Unitarian – Summer 2017 Worship service information, upcoming programs and opportunities for action, news, and events.
- Summer 2017 at The First Church in Belmont, Unitarian Universalist Everything about summer at FCB … staff hours, emergency pastoral care, worship, building use, and more …
- 2017 Summer Services Summer 2017 Lay-Led Worship Services, with a downloadable PDF for your fridge
- Children’s Music Program Registration Open! Registration for the Children’s Music Program for the 2017-2018 season is now open! Please use the following link to register for the Youth/Children’s music programs at The First Church in Belmont for the 2017/2018 year. The Children’s Music Program starts every year with a fully staged musical. You may register to start either September 11th ...
- Sandy Island Registration is open Please register for this years Sandy Island Weekend Retreat which will take place from September 15-17, 2017 on Lake Winnipesauke. Register early to reserve your spot and your preferred cabin.
- Sandy Island Retreat Mark your calendar for Sandy Island: September 15-17, 2017
- Welcome Back Reception: Thursday, September 7 at 7 p.m. The Fellowship Committee and the Parish Board invite you to reconnect and socialize at this informal gathering! All are welcome.